- Wreath from. I am using a grapevine wreath form that is 12 inches.
- Felt in two different colors (you could do more or less colors if you wish). I recommend the cheaper floppy felt over the stiffer felt for this project.
- A way to cut your hearts out. I used my Cricut Maker 3 with the Rotary blade and pink fabric mat, but you could also cut them out by hand.
- Wire. I recommend a 20 or 22 gauge wire.
- Wired wrap berry string or binding wire.
- Wire cutters and/or scissors
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Ribbon to hang wreath from
1. Cut out 1.5 inch hearts from your felt. I used the free shape heart from Cricut Design Space and made a lot of duplicates of it in two different colors. I then had my Cricut Maker 3 cut out my heart shapes using the rotary blade with more pressure on the flannel setting. I used the pink fabric mat. I then used scissors to cut out any bits that were still hanging on.
2. Measure and cut your wire wrapped berry string so that it fits around your wreath form. Twist the two ends if your wire wrapped berry string together. Paint berries if needed to get your desired colors.
3. In between each section of berries wrap your 22 gauge wire so that it sticks out a little bit on both sides. I made my wire stick out about 1/2 an inch on each side. You may want to wear gloves to protect your fingers from the wire.
4. Apply a dot of hot glue to the end of a felt heart and pinch it around one of your 22 gauge wire sticking out from your wreath form. Hold it in place till the glue dries. I did one of each color of felt between each section of berries, but you can add your felt how you see fit.
5. Use your 22 gauge wire to secure your wire wrapped berry string to your wreath form. You could glue it directly to your wreath from, but this method allows you to change it out for the different holidays.
6. Cut and tie a ribbon to hang your wreath from.
7. To hang this wreath place a hook upside down on the inside of your kitchen cabinet door. Then hook the wreath to this hook.
This wreath does take a little time to make, but it is a great project to work on while watching something or listening to some music. I made two wreaths to hang on either side of my refrigerator. I do not typically put out decorations for smaller holidays, but I really like how this turned out. The nice thing is now that it is finished it will be easy to switch it out for different holidays. You could even add a little teddy bear or something to sit inside your wreath.
Have you ever hung a wreath inside your home? This is my first time, and I love it! You could also put this beautiful wreath on your front door.